100 interesting facts about Norway
1. Norway - a fantastic country. The rich and diverse nature, the huge energy resources and their rational development of making the Norwegians are extremely wealthy nation.
2. Norway's population is negligible - they do not hold up to 5 million people. It is about a quarter of modern Moscow. More than 1.5 million Norwegians living in the capital Oslo and its suburbs. Any city with a population of more than 30 thousand is considered large.
3. Know that 100% of Norway's excellent talk, write and read in English. Children learn language as early as 5-6 years or sooner. Any child older than 10 can easily explain to you in English. Exception - a little old pensioners 75 +.
4. Norwegians love and appreciate the sea. Prefer not to continue to live 200-300 meters from the sea, or in her line of sight. Those who live in the hinterland, it is still buying second house by the sea. Boat or boat is at 80% of the population.
5. In Norway, an incredibly volatile environment. Fog, sun, strong wind, rain and fog can be replaced again with a fantastic rate. Norwegians have even invented a saying: "I do not like our weather? wait for 15 minutes. "
6. The nature of Norway's magnificent and varied. Forests, mountains, rivers, lakes, sea, and everything else - in pristine condition. Attitude to nature is very gentle. Poachers not waste too virtually none. Thanks to the sea no mosquitoes and other insects vermin. In the summer is not hot ... heaven!
7. By law, any citizen of the country and its guest has the right to free passage to all natural resources without restrictions - as in the forest and the sea. You can walk and swim wherever you want. If the land is privately owned and fenced, it is advisable to ask permission out of courtesy.
8. Stories about the fact that Norway is very expensive country - the real truth. In general, all goods are expensive, but the most common products are everywhere in Alphabet of Taste. Go to the supermarket and spend 200 euros, did not really buying - easy. Costs are even more expensive services (eg taxi or construction) - they are just unreal money. Petrol almost 2 euros per liter. Taxes on cars - crazy. At the same time Norway 2nd European oil-exporting countries. Giants such as Shell or Statoil - Norwegian.
9. Products in Norway of the highest quality. Especially dairy. Local ice cream just super. Even MkDonaldse hamburger meat in quite edible. By the way, here the most expensive hamburgers in Europe. By the same principle, any ordinary fast food is horrendous money. In an ordinary pizzeria to give 200 euros for 4 without alcohol - the norm. At the same pizza itself - not very.
10. Compliance with laws and lack of crime - from virtually anywhere. Stealing is impossible for most residents. Only the large retail chains have frame-theft detectors at the output of goods, or surveillance cameras. The rest of them almost anywhere.
11. Almost 100% of the population is connected to high speed internet. In view of the climate and long distances, the Norwegians are very much sitting on the network.
12. Norwegians love and protect his monarchy. Adults are more likely than young ones, are proud to have saved the royal family.
13. In comparison with other Europeans, almost any Norwegian, leaving the country - a mini-mogul. In Asian countries, so all kings. The average salary for many Norwegians can take up to 5-7 thousand euros per month. Thus, visitors to the local prices impossibly high, but for the local all about.
14. Sea and lake fishing in Norway - a paradise for the connoisseur. Fish and a variety of marine reptiles incredible set. Fishing areas are only in the northern regions, and from the city of Bergen and south of fishing there. You can always catch and in any weather, almost anywhere. Crabs, mussels, sea snails and other goodies, too, in abundance. Licenses for fishing are not needed.
15. That's why many Europeans have recently developed a profitable hobby: travel to Norway for the auto-refrigerated, to live in cheap houses or tents, go fishing for two weeks without a break, zatarivatsya fish for 6 months in advance, and go back. Germans, Dutch and Belgians, perhaps, the most active.
16. Norwegians do not collect from the forest, not versed in mushrooms and berries, do not know the properties of herbs. Therefore, in a good season all this stuff just heaps. In the crop year of fungi is so much that for 2-3 hours one person can collect 100-liter bag perfect white. About blueberries, wild raspberries and blackberries do not speak - grows everywhere like a weed.
17. Norwegians terribly surprised and delighted knowledge of Russian mushrooms and berries. Many believe that we are brave and risky people, if we leave the forest to collect them. Trying to give up. The supermarket also easily take greenhouse mushrooms and chanterelles, completely ignoring the forest just 10 meters from the house. The first time is shocking.
18. Spirits in Norway do not just buy it! Its sold in special shops - Vinmonopolet. Translated as the alcohol monopoly. State-owned. They work strictly from Monday to Friday in the capital city is like and Saturday shops are open until 7 hours maximum, with a big break for lunch at midday. And they are not everywhere. Alcohol is there insanely expensive: a bottle of vodka for 70-100 euros - is the norm.
19. In supermarkets you can only buy beer or cider is not stronger than 5.2 degrees. Everything above, including wine - only in a restaurant, bar, or as already mentioned in vinmonopolete.
20. Norwegians drink like, but do not know how. Get drunk quickly, losing my mind just as quickly, act loud and funny. Sober skills, or knowledge of how to cheer up a cucumber or cabbage brine, not as fact. They come in wild delight, if they lead to feelings of such a simple way.
21. Norway has the largest extent of the fjords in the world. Fiord - a wide, often tortuous and deep channel with rocky shores, dig up from the sea inland for many miles. Fiords are still in Canada, Chile, and New Zealand. Those in Norway - the most beautiful.
22. Norwegians - mediocre women in terms of beauty. Of medium height, stocky, solid build with wide-set eyes, snub-nosed, and tend to be very independent.
23. But the Norse-men opposite: tall, athletic, and many natural blondes, a kind of Vikings with a big smile and blue eyes. You can understand why they are not always in a hurry to marry a local norvezhek.
24. Many Norwegian children very beautiful. Blonde, slim, athletic, some with curly hair - visible to the purity of the genetic lines. Children brought up quite strictly. Spoil is not accepted.
25. You can ride all day in the central part of Norway, however, and in any other part of it, and do not meet any of the police car. Or police officers themselves. But the tractor on the road at 40 miles per hour - quite a common thing.
26. Every day is like the previous one. In the sense that everything flows very calm and measured. Norwegians begin to operate at about 10 am, and by the 4th already machined. The output only open restaurants or supermarkets. No special anywhere in a hurry.
27. Skiing and snowboarding kataetcya almost 100% of the population. Women are often better than men.
28. Children put on their skis with 4-5 years of age. See how the baby daddy is pushing down with a very respectable age for a roller coaster - a normal thing. Children age 10 and make me, a man with 12 years experience, almost without straining.
29. On country roads, usually next to the farm, you can often find a table with vegetables or fruit. And the price tag that, how much. It will stand as scales, bags for shopping, and a jar for money. This kind of self-service. Everything is built on trust. Next to no one.
30. Young Norwegians and even middle-aged people are very fond of science fiction and fantasy as a genre. Movies like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars are very popular.
31. Most of the programs on TV - English, with a maximum of Norwegian subtitles. It is very convenient.
32. Dress casually and Norwegians are very simple, as a whole and the whole of Europe. See beautifully dressed girl or a guy hard.
33. Local cuisine - simple and unpretentious. They are prepared to put it mildly, not very. But the Norwegians have succeeded in harvesting fish recipe: dried, salted, smoked, etc., much good. Seafood cooking made easy: a minimum of any additives, a minimum of processing. Try the local fish spawn in iron tubes type RekerOst - very tasty.
34. The majority of Norwegians - educated and gullible. The older generation rather pedantically, many blyudut traditional way of life and affairs.
35. Get a very large loan from a bank under 3-4 per cent per annum is not difficult. Generally, everything is done for the sake of man. You can plan your life for the next 10 years, including any costs and advance in their career. The plan will come true.
36. For foreigners restrained attitude, but benevolent. Norwegians are quietly invited to visit, share a meal, help advice. Create your good friends is possible.
37. Outside the big cities there is little active life. No clubs, no cinema, no shopping centers. However, the Norwegians themselves, and too few.
38. State strongly supports the employment at least something. Subsidies exist in many areas of private business. So, you can buy 30 pieces of sheep, kill them on the ears of labels, say the state that I am now happy farmer, and let a whole year to graze on some island. For this you can get from the state grants, equipment, facilities. At the end of the year to catch and sell - and a little more money.
39. Killing at least one person being discussed on national TV and radio at least a week. Robbery, too.
40. The roads in Norway are very good, but almost all the regional transport network - odnopoloska. The highway offers only one lane in each direction. It's terribly annoying.
41. In recent years, Norway has increased the inflow of foreign immigrants. And not just from traditional African or Asian - but we found even the Chechens! Most of the immigrants behave arrogantly, do not want to integrate, they do not teach the language, get off in groups, breed like cockroaches, do not like to run and operate the system. Even 10 years ago this was not.
42. Learn Norwegian or Norsk, is difficult. A lot of jumping intonation raznokorennyh words. But if you try - for two years, everything is OK.
43. Many young Norwegians complain of a dull life, over-compliance with laws, high prices and severe climate. However, the same proud to be a part and the nation.
44. In the summer of the southern part of the country - a very warm place. Strawberries, plums and pears ripen in abundance. The water in some places, warmed to 20 degrees, and swim in the North Sea is very funny. You can even tan.
45. Air flights inside the country and beyond its borders are extremely cheap. The quality of service is higher than that of the European airline discounters. Fly to Dubrovnik from Bergen (3.5 hour flight) for 40 euros, or in Amsterdam for 35 out of Oslo - a common occurrence.
46. With the smoking battle unrealistic prices for tobacco. However, the Norwegians love to smoke. Many are buying sliced tobacco smoke in briquettes and cigarettes, or driven out of duty free cigarettes.
47. In Norway, the largest total number of tunnels in Europe. They are simply hundreds everywhere. There is one that goes under the sea strait at about 4 km. Some tunnels are paid, as well as some bridges.
48. Rent a car, even the simplest - is expensive. At 2-3 times more expensive than in some European countries. Gasoline is very small. Diesel - is everything.
49. Norway is the northernmost point of mainland Europe. Called the Cape, is on the edge of a cliff in the far north. In good weather you can see the edge of the glaciers in the Arctic.
50. Despite the geographical proximity to Sweden, Norway, the people - other people. In general, among the Scandinavians they all must be the most original. Nature is also different.
51. Means that Norway receives from the sale of the resources are allocated wisely. Norway has just unreal amount of property and land abroad. But of this, few people know - prefer to keep a low profile.
52. In view of the large number of islands and straits, very well developed network of ferry. Ferries go anywhere and often. You can save hours way, sitting on the ferry. Basically on my car. Ferries themselves are large, comfortable, and relatively inexpensive.
53. In Norway, the sea is allowed to catch crabs - but it is forbidden to catch lobster. If the lobster gets to you to krabolovku, but it happens often enough, according to the rules he should be let go. When asked "what do you do with a lobster," the majority of Norwegians smiles, and says that of course this wonderful releases on arthropod will - while slyly winking. Live lobsters sold in the fish market, catching them painted by the quotas.
54. In Norway, cheap silver. Jewellery of good quality.
55. If you are visiting a tourist, do not forget to ask for Tax-free wherever visit. It can draw almost everywhere and for any goods, the purchase amount equivalent to 50 and the euro. As a result, you can return up to 30% of the money.
56. The hero of Norwegian folklore, Troll - a very popular symbol of many institutions. Despite the very devilish appearance, trolls - the spirits of nature, they protect it, and even help good people. Here you have an interesting fact: take the figure of a troll, put together, and try to compare it with the appearance of the surrounding residents, especially women. The attentive observer will discover unexpected similarities!
57. Pets, especially dogs, highly educated. Little bark, very friendly, and generally do not interfere with the owners. Even with one another, they are very reserved.
58. Withdraw from the Norwegian himself not simply. Many prefer not to get involved. But if you have a - do not expect anything good. In anger, the Norwegians are horrible.
59. Energy in Norway are crazy money. 4 weeks family of 5 persons can easily ugrohat about a thousand euros for electricity. And even more. Be very rational in their energy costs.
60. Custody of children and young people is very strong. It is not uncommon for the kindergarten kids goes 20-30 from the same locality, and no one else. For others, build another garden. This is not just a house with a games room. This is a complex of fields, locker rooms, toilets, kitchens, etc. At the entrance to take off shoes. Being a child in Norway - grace.
61. Apartment buildings and residential complexes is small, almost none. Most people live in private homes. Houses are simple, but comfortable. They are usually painted in red or blue and white, often with a lawn of the grass on the roof. This is not just a tradition - a great insuliruet roof in winter. It looks funny.
62. Well-known facts about Norway is not so much. The most famous association - it's the Vikings, Edvard Grieg, mountains, fjords and trolls.
63. Much of the income of the economy comes into the treasury from the sale of petroleum products. Next is a sea fishing, shipbuilding, engineering and construction of deepwater platforms.
64. The northern part of the country is very different from the southern climate. In winter, the north is cold and snowy. In the south, may not be snow and winter temperatures above zero.
65. In the market or the supermarket you can buy whale meat. Its small and it is expensive. Whale meat is dark, almost black, to taste - like elk. Sell steaks and mince.
66. In some cities, local fauna quite accustomed to human proximity. The pigeons in the square can sit up on his hand and boldly begin to eat your bun. Gulls can hover a meter above the deck of the ferry passes and grab bread thrown on the fly.
67. Engineering colleges, maritime academies, as well as oil and gas is a very prestigious institutions.
68. By tradition, every man must make for himself a knife and sheath. Their own hands. All you have to do this, is sold in abundance. Blade blanks, tools, leather. Especially good grip from scraps of Karelian birch. It is difficult to handle, but beautiful and durable.
69. Along the road you can often find a small pyramid of stones. They are called "tog" and nobody touches it. Previously, they were piled up, so do not go astray after a snowfall or heavy fog. Now it is - a fun tradition.
70. Venison and wild animals a lot. Run out on the road or deer galloping deer - not a rarity.
71. Drinking, Norwegians clink and say «Skol!» In this letter "O" sounds like a cross between the most "on" and "e". Tostovat not accepted.
72. The population is not very religious. Churches and cathedrals, of course, there are but few. Go to the service primarily adults.
73. If you live in nature in his house and only have electricity - you can feed up to 80% of the land. The sea is rich in any sea food, water in streams and many lakes, drinking without treatment, and forests rich with game and fruit. However, the population is very assured, and generally does not burden the nature of their presence.
74. Norwegians have nothing, and there is no need to share with each other. In addition, many people tend to know each other. As a consequence, the complete absence of clashes and hostile factions. But the visitors, who graciously allowed to come and live in a country often closely local insolence and their behavior.
75. Correct spelling of the Norwegians, but not Norway. Forgive me for all the habit of writing correctly.
76. Find a decent Russian food is not easy. They are easier to order online with delivery. But there are exceptions. For example, in supermarkets everywhere sell yogurt. Almost like ours. But the pickle cucumbers or cabbage ferment very easily.
77. If you ask for, then for a short time you can get a meeting with the Prime Minister. For this is not necessarily known to be an oligarch and a member of his party or classmates from college.
78. If the owners are at home, decided to raise the national flag on a flagpole next to the house. For many it is. When leaving it is lowered.
79. Respect for private property respected everywhere. During the day most of the houses are not locked at all, except for housing in big cities - and it's completely safe. Go on a visit at the invitation accepted.
80. Recently, the country is very popular with online poker. Today it is a common trend throughout Scandinavia. Norwegian players are popular and very dangerous: they are aggressive, assertive, and prudent. Many achieve excellent results on the world poker scene.
81. In norway gift can bring high-quality alcohol. From the hands of Russian is even recommended. No clichés in this.
82. After many saltwater lake, or want to try the river. Often at the entrance to the freshwater lake can be seen the poster, which prohibits use of marine gear in the lake. In the most fish the lakes at the entrance are machines and detergents for your fishing rods and tackle. This measure does not allow marine organisms to move gear in fresh water. Cases have been algae.
83. In Norway, there are practically no expensive cars on the roads. In half of the wheel of the new S-or BMW X6 Slasse be Germans or other Europeans.
84. Meet on the streets begging is almost impossible. The exception are only the big cities, and almost always someone from the immigrants. In the nineties, this did not exist.
85. Register your own company is quite simple. Be prepared to pay higher taxes, and remember that Norway is very conservative in our choice of products and services.
86. Next to Oslo is a beautiful park. There's a very interesting and fun, queues, just a little.
87. Civil aviation pilots - guys cold-blooded and fearless. Takeoff and landing are often very rapid, and the weather is not the most ideal. But it is justified - around solid mountain areas are not many direct and take off must be fast. Dozens of flights across the country with very strict conditions I have repeatedly proved their professionalism.
88. Traveling to Norway, do not take the money and treat yourself to a traditional wool sweater! They are usually painted in a multicolored pattern, sometimes a deer, in blocks or polylines. Can be very expensive, 300 euros - but the quality excellent and will last an incredibly long time, no efflorescence and not sitting down.
89. Unless it's a foreigner or immigrant, the chances of the street you have a shot at a cigarette - are zero. If you can share it with a friend, then he will try to return it to you.
90. Local residents are not likely to be overweight. Much time they spend at sea and fresh air, food is not greasy and good quality. Fast food quite a bit.
91. Married, wife of the Norwegian are very house-proud. Often they are very educated, hardworking and educated. Given the fact that many people derive benefits for several generations, often women are quite wealthy before her marriage.
92. All cars on the roads of Norway have always included a built-mode beam. He did not disable in most cases. This is due to the changeable weather.
93. To rent a boat with an engine less than 9 hp management licenses are required. Rent all, something more powerful and faster, without any special water rights is almost impossible.
94. The word Thursday (Thursday) was named after the Norwegian god of thunder Thor (Thor). At first, the day known as Thor's day.
95. Pontov throwing, window-dressing and vypendrezh in Norway is not held in high esteem. Most behave as immigrants and tourists.
96. Russian small, almost none. This is good for our citizens tend to take a crap and behave provocatively. In recent years, often in the summer, our travel has become greater. Most secured and yet behave civilized.
97. Go to the grocery store, find a large refrigerator with bags of frozen shrimp sold vrazves, put them in termopaket, weigh, pay for - a home just dump the kitchen sink and turn the hot water. As soon as the shrimp thaw and equilibrated, remove and serve. Shrimp are succulent, fragrant and salty enough already. Neither cooking nor specially to prepare them not.
98. Find a sushi restaurant or a cafe, where sushi is almost unreal. They are only in Oslo, Bergen, and it seems to Stavanger. In other cities, there is only one such institution. The quality is very modest. And of course, expensive.
99. Private life of citizens rarely becomes public domain. Climb into other people's relationships are also not accepted. Norway will not normally extend to any individual who getting.
100. In the summer of norway like to go to warmer climates, it does not go against the place where the heat and also has mountains. For example, you can find them in Croatia, Montenegro, western Italy.