Thursday 10 November 2011

Singer is new weight loss spokesperson

Singer is new weight loss spokesperson

Singer and mother of twins Mariah Carey  has signed on to be the new spokesperson for a popular weight loss program mariah carey jenny craig spokeswoman. Carey credits the program's eating and exercise plan with helping her lose some of her baby weight.


Mariah Carey Weight Loss, Mariah Carey reveals 70-pound weight loss six months after having twins, credits Jenny Craig. The new mom has been named the new Brand Ambassador of the Jenny diet plan. Mariah Carey is singing the praises of Jenny Craig since losing 30 pounds on the weight loss system after giving birth to twins six months ago.And the love is mutual!

The 42-year-old songstress has been named the new Brand Ambassador of the Jenny diet plan (formerly Jenny Craig).

Mariah Carey started on Jenny in late July following the birth of her twins Monroe Cannon and Moroccan Scott Cannon in April, and is taking this public journey to shine a spotlight on the importance of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle, not only for herself, but for her children and for future generations," a rep for Jenny tells the Daily News.

On Tuesday's “The Rosie Show,” Carey revealed her stunning post-baby body in a skin-tight black mini-dress and said that since giving birth she's actually lost a whopping 70 pounds.

"In the beginning, when I first had babies, I had so much edema … water and swelling. Most pregnant woman have that just in their feet," she said. "One day I was doing my thank-you notes and I noticed it started rising up the leg, so I had edema. … I didn't think I would ever be the same person."

Carey, who says she "had a really tough pregnancy," couldn't exercise right away due to having a Cesarean section and credits diet as "90 percent" of the reason for her successful slim down.

"The first week, I lost 40 pounds … of just water," she said. "When I started with the program, I lost at least 30 pounds of weight that needed to be lost."

Once she was able to get more active, Carey exercised with her dogs and worked out in the ocean.

Since shedding the pounds, Carey skips jumping on a scale to monitor her weight for another solution.

"I would tend to go, 'Does this size dress fit me that I wore three years ago? I'm good, let's go.' I would go by what it looked like, how I felt," she shared.

Carey says she is taking away a valuable lesson from her diet and exercise struggles over the past few months. mariah carey jenny craig spokeswoman, mariah carey jenny craig spokeswoman, 

"The whole point of this is not just like, 'Oh, hey, look at me and my weight loss, I'm fantastic.' It's really health,” she said. “ I learned it when I became helpless and felt so vulnerable like never before in my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment