Sunday 11 December 2011

Katy Perry excited about SNL ‘challenge’

Katy Perry excited about SNL ‘challenge’

Katy Perry is up for the 'challenge' of hosting Saturday Night Live (SNL).

The Firework singer will be the legendary American comedy sketch show’s host of the evening this Saturday.

Although Katy admits she is a bit nervous, she is very much looking forward to participating in the hilarity.

'I've only ever hosted, like, dinner parties and birthday parties. This is a bit more than that,' Katy laughed with MTV News during rehearsals on set in New York City.



'It's not as intimidating when you get here because it's a bit smaller than it looks on TV, and I'm up for a challenge, for something new. I love to be challenged... I married Russell Brand.'

Katy’s husband Russell hosted the show in February. The singer is asking her spouse for copious advice in preparation for her performance.

'My husband, of course, every day I call him and I'm like, 'This happened,' and he's like, 'I know what that means and here's the next play-by-play for tomorrow,' so he's gotten me really prepared for this week, thankfully,' she detailed.

Katy is also inspired by the works of other comedians.

Bridesmaids’ Melissa McCarthy hosted SNL in October and Katy was thoroughly impressed with her performance.

'Well, I saw the Melissa McCarthy episode and I thought she did a great job,' Katy said.

'She's so fun to watch and she really brings it, so that's what I was soaking in this week — Melissa McCarthy and all of her nuances.'

Saturday Night Live with Katy will air in America on Saturday December 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment