10 Facts About Whisky
1. The world's largest producer and consumer of whiskey is India.
2. Malt whiskey red wine is more useful because it contains more ellagic acid - an antioxidant that can stop the growth of cancer cells to resist and heart disease.
3. During the "dry law" in the U.S. whiskey was the only alcoholic beverage allowed, but only for "medical purposes".
4. A bottle of whiskey can be kept 100 years, without losing the taste of the drink. After opening the whiskey can be kept for 5 years.
5. The official foundation date is considered to be of Scotch 1494-th year, which is dated record of the Royal Treasury that a certain John Cor bought 500 kg of malt for the production of «aqua vitae».
6. Americans recognized the whiskey and began to produce its own only after Prohibition 1920.
7. Whisky - a good object for investments. A bottle of 17 year old whiskey Ardberg cost in February 2005, $ 75, and in November 2007 - now $ 198. Thus, an increase of almost 250% for 30 months.
8. The name of the drink comes from the Celtic expression uisce beatha (pure water).
9. Current title: whiskey spelled whisky - in the Scottish version, and whiskey - all the rest. If the bottle is written «whisky» produced exactly what it is in Scotland, if «whiskey», then where else, but not in Scotland.
10. In the Russian language has a whiskey neuter - "it - whiskey".